Remediation Project Manager
My client is a remediation contractor delivering solutions on a diverse range of projects from small fuel spills through to large multi-technology soil and groundwater remediation of brownfield sites. Regular clients include developers, environmental consultants, local authorities and industry. My client is an equal opportunities employer which prides itself on a high level of customer service and is committed to health & safety.
Role & Requirements:
As part of my clients ongoing expansion and confirmed future workload they have identified the requirement for a Project Manager. The main job role is delivering remediation and enabling projects. Role details are provided on page 2.
This is a Permanent position although a Contract role is also possible.
Candidates will likely have a minimum of 6 years relevant experience in either earthworks / contaminated land remediation / waste / civil or geotechnical engineering / water treatment / asbestos, including experience in a contracting role, and proven experience in project management.
Working knowledge of soil / groundwater remedial approaches and earthworks practices is desirable, although further training will be provided as required.
A valid driving licence is essential. Key personal attributes are good communication, a team player, initiative, organisation, resolve, flexibility and ambition. Attractive salary and benefits will accompany excellent career development opportunities.
The role location will be mixed between sites and offices, and an element of home working can also be included if desired and subject to further discussion.
Sites will primarily be in the southeast of England, although may be further afield on occasion, and some overnight stays may be required (expenses covered).
My clients have offices in Rayleigh Essex and Avonmouth Bristol.
Main Duties (training provided subject to skills and experience):
The main tasks of the role will include but not be limited to the following;
- Lead the profitable, safe and compliant delivery of projects
- Planning, monitoring and updating progress against programme, phasing and resources, supported as required by the company Operations Team
- Build and maintain relationships with clients, consultants and suppliers
- Internal and external progress reporting (including commercial / technical / operational aspects)
- Valuations, invoicing and client liaison
- Manage contract variations and communicate changes to the project team
- Oversight of project purchase orders / hire orders, including approvals, review of suppliers performance, checking invoices etc
- Identify and implement value engineering and cost saving options as projects progress
- Identify key risks during projects and communicate & manage these
- Ensure that health, safety & environmental obligations are met, and manage closeout of incident / accident reporting
- Ensure technical / legislative / regulatory compliance on projects
- Compilation or checking of various reports
- Ensure contractual, commercial, technical and regulatory close out and verification of projects
- Supervise / mentor / delegate to other staff
- Communicate lessons learned and knowledge gained to other company staff
The position has a salary ranging between £35,000 – £45,000 per annum, depending on experience + benefits.