Our clients, founded in 2003, are an independent firm of Mechanical and Electrical (M&E / MEP) Consulting Engineers, Sustainability Consultants, Qualified Assessors, Designers and Technical Specialists. They provide comprehensive design services to developers, architects, property managers, asset managers, and corporate clients across all aspects of the built environment and sectors.
They are now looking for a Junior Engineer to join the team, based in the Surrey office.
Assisting Engineers in order to gain experience and detailed working knowledge of all parts of the construction industry. Becoming specialised in a particular discipline.
• Assist Senior Engineers with detailed design tasks, equipment selection and drawing production.
• Understand principle components to system designs and the different types of systems. Awareness of design options and their application.
• Carry out detailed design calculations and adopt a full understanding of computer design packages.
• Develop an understanding of Legislations, Standards, Building Regulations and Codes of Practice.
• Learn and understand construction techniques and develop awareness of other design team disciplines.
• Develop and gain a good awareness of manufacture products and systems and how they can be implemented in design.
• To gain a comprehensive understanding of Sustainable design approach and options related to your engineering discipline to advise the design team, including considering impact on reserving natural resources, Embodied Carbon and Operational Carbon Emissions.
• Post Graduate Qualifications (Degree/Master from CIBSE recognised University)
• Membership of a professional engineering body (Graduate or Trainee Engineer, training towards Licentiate / Associate Engineer/ Chartered Engineer).
• Minimum 2 years experience.
• Learning communication/presentation skills.
• Learning of statutory legislation and standards.
Salary: £22,000 – £23,000/annum Depending on experience + Benefits