About the role:
This is an exciting opportunity for a Geotechnical Ground Investigation Project Manager to join an enthusiastic team delivering ground investigation and geotechnical services to a wide range of clients across the UK with the UK’s number one testing, inspection and compliance company.
Client focused and quality driven, our clients are a leading provider of ground investigation to the infrastructure sector. Due to expansion, they now need an office based geotechnical GI Project Manager with UK ground investigation experience to help deliver our service to the North Eastern region.
• Project manage various small to large scale (£1M+) ground investigation projects from award through to project completion
• Take full responsibility for the financial control of a project from award to completion
• Manage a small team of site engineers and site technicians to work on your projects and assist with their continued technical and professional development
• Promote SOCOTEC UK Limited’s full range of geotechnical services and be confident and knowledgeable of various ground investigation techniques
Our clients are looking for a professional, dynamic and motivated individual with the ability to work alone and as part of a team.
Communicative, organised, flexible and committed, you must also have:
• Qualified to degree level in a geotechnical discipline and a member of an appropriate professional body
• Extensive industry experience with experience in geotechnical fieldwork and project management
• Excellent awareness of ground investigation specifications, procedures, techniques, British Standards, codes of practice and health and safety legislation
• Full UK driving licence
In return, they offer a competitive salary plus a company car, and all the benefits of working for a dynamic and growing organisation including generous holidays, company pension and discounts on high street shopping.
With over 100 years of history, our clients are the UK’s leading provider of testing, inspection and compliance services, operating across three sectors and offering an unrivalled range of technical expertise and accredited services, including consultancy. Proud of their innovative nature, customer focus and drive to continually improve, they put people at the heart of what they do, employing more than 1400 people throughout a nationwide network of UKAS accredited laboratories and offices, serving over 7000 customers.
The salary for this role is £35,000 to £45,000 per annum dependant on experience with excellent benefit programmes available.
This role is commutable from Sheffield, Rotherham and Barnsley.