Our clients have an exciting opportunity for a Graduate Sustainability Consultant to be based in their Leeds Office.
The position is predominantly Leeds based although there will be travel to projects throughout the UK. As a Graduate Sustainability Consultant, you will work within the Sustainable Building Services team to analyse design options and make recommendations on daylighting, energy and carbon reductions, water use, thermal comfort, building performance, occupant health and wellbeing, sustainable materials, and more.
You will also work on BREEAM Pre-Assessment, which includes analysing feasibility of specific credits as well as other potential assessment methods such as NABERs which is aided to bridge the gap between energy simulation and performance, as the UK makes a shift from a ‘compliance-focused’ culture to a ‘performance-focused’ culture in an effort to achieve net zero carbon buildings.
Building Physics and Sustainability Consultants at our clients are consultants working on exciting and innovative projects. These projects range from university campuses, offices, retail, leisure complexes, hotels and industrial buildings to mixed-use developments and masterplans. You will work directly with clients, architects, engineers and other consultants to provide analyses and recommendations that drive design decisions, enabling projects to meet challenging energy and sustainability goals.
This role has been created due to the continued expansion of the building physics and sustainability team within the business’ Sustainable Building Services discipline and provides the opportunity to add value to a busy team while receiving development support and exposure to a range of design tools captured within the BIM environment.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree or Higher in Environmental Building Design; Architecture; Architectural Engineering or a similar field, with skills, qualities and experience in the following areas:
- Work Experience in a similar role;
- Experience using SAP/SBEM Calculations to undertake technical analysis and reports;
- Proficiency in operational softwares such as IES VE, FSAP, AutoCAD, Revit, SketchUp, One Click LCA and Microsoft Office Suite e.g., Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc;
- Knowledge of relevant UK sustainability policy and legislation;
- Experience with BREEAM or other sustainability assessment method is desirable but not essential;
- Ability to work as a team player in a busy environment;
- Excellent verbal and high quality graphical/written communicator;
- Aptly meet deadlines and deliver work in a timely manner;
- Presentably convey a professional image at client, project and internal team meetings and whilst surveying buildings (if required);
- An enthusiastic approach and drive to succeed within the field;
- Proactively seek guidance from senior colleagues and taking the initiative
Salary: Up to £32,000 per annum
This position is commutable from Huddersfield, Wakefield and Bradford.