Our clients are friendly, well established and progressive company with offices in Caernarfon and Mold. They are a growing, independent business with expertise in the fields of civil, structural and geotechnical engineering consultancy services, and have a genuine commitment to the professional development and career prospects of their staff.
They offer –
- An interesting and varied workload
- A supportive and friendly team to work with
- Technically challenging projects
- Support towards attaining Chartership (including payment of professional membership fees).
Graduate Structural Engineer
Our clients now have an opening for a Graduate Structural Engineer to join their busy and thriving office in Mold, the beautifully picturesque North Wales.
• To carry out the detailed design of projects
• To prepare the project technical documentation
• To provide support to the Project Managers
• Attend and contribute to Project Start up meeting.
• Prepare project programme and monitor progress against it as required.
• Develop conceptual design and agree with Design Team
• Prepare structural model of the proposals.
• Prepare design calculations to current codes and standards in accordance with the Company’s QMS
• Provide technical input as required including design specification, risk assessments and details as appropriate.
• Liaise with Technicians to clearly communicate to them the design and monitor the production of details.
• Prepare construction drawings as required.
• Contribute to BIM capability within the Company.
• Check drawings and calculations prepared by others for compliance with standards and the project design.
• Carry out Health and Safety Risk Assessments to CDM.
• Ensure CDM status is completed.
• Prepare project specifications.
• Carry out investigations, inspections and surveys and prepare written reports as appropriate.
• Liaise as required with architects and other professionals, clients, contractors and other outside organisations.
• Contribute to Project Change Log.
• Make sure all work is delivered to timescales and deadlines
• Work within Company Quality standards
• Carry out such other duties as may occasionally be required.
For more information, please apply for the role and we will call you to discuss further. If you are looking for a similar role in the UK, please send through your CV as we have similar roles elsewhere in the country.
Salary: £20,000 – £24,000/annum Depending on experience + Benefits