GRADUATE GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEER/ENGINEERING GEOLOGIST
Due to an increasing forward workload, my clients are currently looking to appoint an experienced Graduate Geotechnical Engineer/Engineering Geologist to join the Edinburgh Office. The successful candidate will have a fantastic opportunity to work on a variety of projects spanning the transportation, industrial, retail, residential and commercial sectors.
- Foundation Inspections
- Data collection, manipulation and interpretation of both geotechnical and chemical data as part of site investigations for wide range of schemes
- Preparation of Geotechnical Desk Studies and Interpretative Reports
- Design, Procurement and Supervision of Site Investigations.
- Undertake geotechnical analysis and design e.g. foundation design and slope stability assessments etc
- Site support and monitoring activities on infrastructure construction contracts
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
- First degree in Civil Engineering/Geotechnical Engineering/Engineering Geology
- An MSc in Geotechnical Engineering/Engineering Geology would be advantageous
- Two years post graduate experience is minimum requirement
- PLAXIS experience would be advantageous
- CAD experience an advantage
- Good report writing and communication skills required
- Flexible and enthusiastic approach to working within a team structure
- Confidence and ability to maximise the level of responsibility taken on projects, small and large
- Clean driving license
For the right candidate, the role can offer a structured training programme and excellent career progression opportunities within a friendly and professional team that is proud of the quality of the service it delivers to its clients, and a clear vision for innovation. The benefits include a competitive salary, according to skills and experience, together with an excellent flexible benefits package.