About the company:
With over 100 years of history, our clients are the UK’s leading provider of testing, inspection and compliance services, operating across three sectors and offering an unrivalled range of technical expertise and accredited services, including consultancy. Proud of their innovative nature, customer focus and drive to continually improve, they put people at the heart of what they do, employing more than 1400 people throughout a nationwide network of UKAS accredited laboratories and offices, serving over 7000 customers.
About the role:
This is an exciting opportunity for an Engineering Geologist or Geologist with relevant UK industry experience to join an enthusiastic project team, delivering ground investigation and geotechnical services to a wide range of clients across the UK, with the UK’s number one testing, inspection and compliance company.
Client focused and quality driven, we are a leading provider of ground investigation to the Infrastructure Sector. Now they need an Engineering Geologist or Geologist to help deliver their service to the London and southern region.
• Act as a Site Agent or supporting role, supervising multiple ground investigation activities and staff on either short and longer duration projects
• Perform in-situ testing and sampling in accordance with the UK specification and current technical standards
• Log soil and rock in accordance with current UK standards
• Liaise with clients, engineers, contractors and sub-contractors throughout the site work phase.
Our clients looking for a professional, dynamic and motivated individual with the ability to work alone and as part of a team.
Communicative, organised, flexible and committed, you must also:
• Be qualified to degree level in a geotechnical discipline with relevant years of UK industry experience
• Hold CSCS plus SSSTS or equivalent
• Have a full and clean UK driving licence.
• Be confident and knowledgeable in regards to UK ground investigation techniques.
In return, our clients offer a competitive salary and all the benefits of working for a dynamic and growing organisation including generous holidays, company pension and discounts on high street shopping.
The salary for this role is £24,500 to £26,500 per annum dependant on experience with excellent benefit programmes available.
This role is commutable from Oxford, Newbury and Farnborough.