Our clients have a history of over 120 years operating as building consultancy practice; they are large enough to deliver on multi-million pound schemes, small enough to be flexible and personal in their approach.They are owned and operated by Director/Shareholders with a vested interest in client satisfaction and return business.They are comfortable with alternative roles within construction ie consultant to client, architect and expert witness.
They are now looking for a CAD/Revit technician to expand their team.
- Produce high quality and technically correct working and coordinated drawings and models prior to site start, amend and revise drawings, produce duct manufacturing drawings as well as a full set of as install drawings for job handover
- Use computer aided design technologies to produce and develop sketches, drawings and construction documents
- Coordinating design work with other related engineering disciplines ranging from plumbing to electrical.
- Taking ownership of your own projects while liaising with CAD Manager & Project Manager to discuss progress with ongoing jobs
- Liaise with our Technical Manager to discuss elements of ongoing jobs, particularly of a design and build nature
- Attend project and design team meetings taking an active role in the coordination process
- Attend site for job pre-start meetings and to mark up for as installs where required
- Manage your personal workload as well as assisting other design team members when required
- Establish a good working relationship with clients, contractors and supply chain representatives
- Assist in periodic review of current CAD/Revit operational procedures and filing systems, provide feedback to CAD and Senior Management and to implement improvements where required
- 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365, AutoCAD and Revit
- General understanding of other building services such as air conditioning, plumbing, electrical, controls is preferable
- Good written and verbal communication skills
At our clients offices their staff are their greatest asset.They say it often and with good reason – it is only with their hard work and effort that they are able to meet the needs of their Clients.
They have a strong commitment to staff development both through Vocational Training and wider Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
Salary – £25,000 to £40,000 depending on experience
Office commutable from: Lowestoft, Colchester, Bury St Edmunds and Newmarket