Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Due to continued growth, my clients have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and self-motivated Assistant Quantity Surveyor/Estimator to join their fast-paced commercial team. In this role, you will be involved from tender through to final account, assisting their experienced commercial team on contracts within the new build housing and commercial sectors.
Tasks within this surveying role will cover measurements, variations, Dayworks, payments and assisting with the agreement of final account and reporting. It’s an exciting time to join the company and play a key role in helping the company achieve future growth targets.
More about us:
My client is an established and dynamic mechanical and electrical building services specialist, based on the South Coast.
My clients provide a truly integrated and efficiently managed end-to-end service for the mechanical, electrical, and renewable energy requirements across the construction industry.
Key responsibilities include:
- Reviewing drawing changes and revisions
- Complete take-offs from drawings and extract relevant information from specifications
- Liaise with approved suppliers and subcontractors to gain and evaluate competitive quotations. Verify these and ensure they meet project requirements
- To assist the QS in producing accurate estimates with full breakdowns for approval
- To assist the Estimator in delivering value engineering through a tender process
- Liaise with M&E subcontractors to ensure compliance with daywork claims
- Produce forecasting reports and costs to date reporting
- Manage purchase orders for material call off
- Attend tender meetings with clients as required
- Site visits to assess progress of works
Qualifications and Skills:
My clients are looking for a competent Assistant Quantity Surveyor who is looking to move their career forwards and gain some relevant hands-on experience. The ideal candidate must be enthusiastic, have a good work ethic and a willingness to learn.
- At least 2 years of previous experience working as an Assistant Quantity Surveyor with a building services/ construction / consultancy company
- An understanding of residential new build installations is preferred
- Confident at communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and prioritise efficiently
- Proficient numeracy and IT skills are vital
- Keen to continue professional development and career progression
- Full-time position offering a competitive salary
- 28 days annual leave, including Bank Holidays
- Company Pension Scheme