Our clients, founded in 2003, are an independent firm of Mechanical and Electrical Consulting Engineers, Sustainability Consultants, Qualified Assessors, Designers and Technical Specialists. They provide comprehensive design services to developers, architects, property managers, asset managers, and corporate clients across all aspects of the built environment and sectors.
They are now seeking a Sustainability Consultant to join their multidisciplinary team. They work over two offices based in the central and greater London with nearly thirty members of staff.
- Assist in undertaking as BREEAM Sustainability Assessments, Part L SAP assessments for new buildings and refurbishments and Energy Strategies.
- Become a qualified SAP assessor (preferably using Elmhurst software) and a qualified BREEAM assessor
- Complete SAP calculations for new build development, refurbishments, and part new build/part refurb projects.
- Become qualified to lodge domestic EPCs at Draft, Design and As built stages. Carry out sensitivity analyses to summarise options for design development.
- Assist in the production of Sustainability Assessments to meet local and national Planning requirements and the GLA.
- Attend sustainability review meetings within the design team
- Ideally you will be a Graduate member to a relevant professional institute
- Awareness of broader sustainability issues (e.g. life Cycle Analysis & Costing, passive design, health & wellbeing, post-occupancy evaluation, low impact materials, water, waste, environmental economics etc.)
- Awareness of tasks on projects from conception to handover
- Ability to prioritise own workload and manage various projects at different stages.
- Willingness to learn a variety of different sustainability assessment methods e.g. BREEAM, LEED, WELL, etc, and/or modelling software
- Liaise with the design team to facilitate the process of sustainability measures.
- Assist Head of Sustainability with identifying and implementing your personal training/CPD requirements. Help develop working practices in the Company.
- Implement and manage QA systems and procedures on all your projects.
- Implement Company Health and Safety.
- BREEAM Qualifications / knowledge (as above)
- SAP qualified
- Experience of working on BREEAM and through to certification.
- Good communication/presentation skills
- Understand client requirements/objectives
- Good knowledge of the sustainability related statutory legislation, standards, and drivers in the construction industry.
Salary: £26,000 – £28,000/annum Depending on experience + Benefits