Our clients are a well-established, market-leading consultancy offering a ‘one-stop’ solution for all aspects of transport planning, highways scheme design, drainage, environmental planning, implementation and operation. They have offices in both North and South of England.
They are looking for an ambitious and talented specialist modelling transport planner to join their team. You will be involved in supporting and contributing to the delivery of a variety of strategic transport projects across the UK, as well as facilitating residential and commercial development and urban regeneration. You will have the opportunity to work alongside industry experts, key clients and collaborators.
The role will include:
- Assisting Principal of the team in preparing transport bids and tenders.
- Preparation of transport assessment reports, travel plans and other documents.
- Preparation of drawings and figures including swept path analysis
- Traffic and data analysis using excel spreadsheets
- Experience of GIS, VISSIM (VisVAP) and strategic models such as SATURN, VISUM or Diadem
- Coordination of surveys and data collection
- Traffic modelling to appraise transport impact of schemes
- Attending site and project team meetings with senior team members
The Right Candidate:
You’ll have a degree in an analytical subject such as engineering, geography, mathematics, economics or similar and may also have a post graduate qualification in transportation, planning or a related subject, although not essential.
A minimum of 2 years relevant professional experience.You will have experience with microsimulation modelling software, including VISSIM. Data analysis skills alongside good knowledge and experience of using Microsoft Excel are also key skill sets necessary for the role.
A team player, you’ll be friendly and enthusiastic with a positive can-do attitude. Mathematically strong, you will also possess excellent report writing and interpersonal skills. Our clients also need you to have strong attention to detail, great analytical and problem-solving skills and a broad range of IT skills including Indesign/Publisher.
The salary for this role is £28,000 to £38,000 per annum dependant on experience with excellent benefit programmes available.
This role is commutable from Slough, Leatherhead and Basingstoke