With over 100 years of history, our clients are the UK’s leading provider of testing, inspection and compliance services, operating across three sectors and offering an unrivalled range of technical expertise and accredited services, including consultancy. Proud of their innovative nature, customer focus and drive to continually improve, they put people at the heart of what they do, employing more than 1500 people throughout a nationwide network of UKAS accredited laboratories and offices, serving over 7000 customers.
About the role:
This is an exciting opportunity for a Geotechnical Engineer or Engineering Geologist with relevant UK industry experience to join an enthusiastic project team delivering ground investigation and geotechnical services to a wide range of clients across the UK with the UK’s number one testing, inspection and compliance company.
Client focused and quality driven, they are a leading provider of ground investigation to the Infrastructure sector. Now they need a Geotechnical Engineer or Engineering Geologist to help deliver their service to the London and South East region.
- Act as a Site Engineer or supporting role, supervising multiple ground investigation activities and staff on either short or longer duration projects
- Perform in-situ testing and sampling in accordance with the UK specification and current technical standards
- Log soil and rock in accordance with current UK standards
- Assist in the production of factual and interpretive Reports
- Liaise with clients, engineers, contractors and sub-contractors throughout the site work phase
- Assist in the preparation of Health and Safety documentation prior to and during the site phase of work and promoting a safe working environment
- Our clients are looking for a professional, dynamic and motivated individual with ability to work alone and as part of a team.
- Communicative, organised, flexible and committed, you must also have:
- Qualified to degree level in a geotechnical discipline with relevant years of UK industry experience
- CSCS plus SSSTS or equivalent.
- Full and clean UK driving licence.
- Confident and knowledgeable of UK ground investigation techniques
In return, our clients offer a competitive salary and all the benefits of working for a dynamic and growing organisation including generous holidays, company pension and discounts on high street shopping.
Salary: £25,000 to £30,000 per annum depending on experience
Commutable from: London, Canterbury, Ashford and Tunbridge Wells