Senior Planning Consultant – Canterbury based (flexible working considered)
Are you a highly-motivated and forward-thinking experienced senior planning consultant looking for a new challenge? Our clients are on the hunt for a dynamic and driven team player to join and help develop their busy planning team alongside the Practice Partner.
Our clients are a reputable, forward-looking and progressive architectural and town planning consultancy, primarily working across London and the south-east of England. Theyre award-winning team work across a large variety of sectors of the construction industry, ensuring project variety, with no two days the same.
Who are they looking for:
• One of the team – Can you build and maintain good team-working relationships?
• Vision – Someone to work with the Practice Partner to build and nurture a planning studio with a vision to compete with the largest in the South East
• Driven – Do you focus your energy well, and deliver exceptionally?
• See the bigger picture – Are you able to see beyond our/your own goals, and strive for better?
• Open to learn – Can you translate your experiences into learning opportunities, to continuously improve?
• Solution driven – Do you look for solutions, rather than problems?
• Managing Relationships – Can you effectively communicate and collaborate with clients, the public, and other professionals?
The role will involve, but is not limited to, the following:
• Planning applications and appeals
• Site appraisals and feasibility assessments
• Development plan representations
• Provide comprehensive and confident advice to clients and other professionals
• General project management, including project team coordination
• Mentoring and managing junior staff alongside the Planning Partner to build a strong team
Skills & Qualifications:
They are seeking applications from Planning Consultants at all levels of experience due to their busy workload. However, applicants for this role should ideally hold the following:
• 3 years + private or public sector experience
• Holding an RTPI accredited town planning qualification (2:1 or higher), or working towards such, together with good A Level (or equivalent) grades
• Ideally holding an RTPI accredited Masters in town planning
• Hold, or be working towards, MRTPI status
• Excellent written, analytical and interpersonal skills
• Strong time keeping and organisational skills
• A full driving licence and access to a vehicle is essential.
Remuneration & Benefits:
Salary will be based upon experience.
Senior Planning Consultant: to £37,500 pa (or higher if experience and skill-base dictate)
Additional benefits include mobile phone and 21 days annual leave plus bank holidays and Christmas break
Our clients prides themselves in encouraging a positive work/life balance for all employees. Remote and flexible working options are available – which can be discussed with shortlisted applicants.
This role is commutable from Ashford, Dover and Folkestone