Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
My clients are an award-winning, client-focussed Mechanical and Electrical Consultancy that aims to create a better built environment through sustainable design solutions and technical expertise. They invest in the latest technology, software and skills so we can allocate energy into delivering the highest level of services for our clients and stakeholders.
- Advising clients on best practice and latest technologies relating to building services.
- Ensuring the most appropriate and most economical systems are included within company designs.
- Designing mechanical systems with the aid of CAD and REVIT software. Including Drawings and Calculations.
- Managing and forecasting spending and ensuring that fees are kept within budget.
- Assessing the installation quality of mechanical building services systems during the
- installation period using specific software package.
- Ensuring that the design and maintenance of building systems meets legislative and health and safety requirements.
- Attend CPD’s to learn about the latest products.
- Undertake site surveys and produce detailed mechanical condition reports.
- Assessing the life cycle of buildings and their component services to minimise resources consumed and the impact on the environment.
- Be able to deliver the services defined above.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must align with Core Values and Culture of our business.
- Have an established track record working within the mechanical building services sector.
- Able to multi-task and prioritise your resource across multiple projects and clients.
- Educated to minimum HNC in Mechanical or Building services engineering. (Other applicants may be considered dependant on experience)
- Practical experience would be a benefit.
- Experience in all mechanical systems design, report and specification writing is essential.
- Proficient in 2D Auto CAD.
- Office 2010+ literate.
- Knowledge of BIM and REVIT would be a benefit.
- Amicable, self-motivating with a committed and responsible attitude.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Full Agile Working Model.
- Monthly Mindfulness sessions.
- Negotiable salary based on market leading rates for the ideal applicant.
- Company Pension.
- Use of Pool Cars.
- 25 days leave plus birthday.
The job includes a salary ranging between £35,000 – £45,000 per annum depending on experience + benefits.