Our client is an established, privately owned, multi-disciplinary chartered consulting engineering practice, providing mechanical & electrical services to a diverse range of customers. They provide tailored engineering solutions that deliver cost effective and compliant schemes with a high proportion of sustainability and innovation. They work across all market sectors, all scales of projects and all procurement routes.
Our clients are looking for dynamic individuals, with a proven background in building services engineering. The candidate must have the ability to work collaboratively both within the business and externally. The candidate will have a strong propensity to work with others and should be conscientious and committed.
The candidate should be a well-organised, proactive, flexible, driven, forward planner with the ability to deliver work to a high standard and to tight timescales. They should also be able to take on the ability to manage the engineering aspects of other more junior members of the team assisting on projects.
The company has a forward-looking succession plan that provides opportunities for the right candidate to develop and progress through the business without barriers.
- The candidate will have a high degree of autonomy and report to the director in charge of the individual team.
- Acting as Project Leader on selected projects
- Working as part of a larger team on certain projects
- Attending principal meetings and making client presentations on selected projects
- Raise/promote the level of technical excellence relating to electrical engineering within the team
- Over time, develop the ability to become a point of contact for key clients
- Help generate repeat business through customer care of existing clients
- Working on a variety of technically challenging and interesting projects across varied sectors
- Be client facing and involved in all stages of the projects from inception to completion.
- Working closely with others in a team environment to achieve a common goal
- Producing drawings and specifications
- Producing calculations or guiding others to complete them
- The successful candidate will have a Degree in Mechanical or building services engineering (Chartered or working towards) /Candidates with HNC or HND with suitable design experience will also be considered.
- Minimum of 3-4 years experience of design in building services, post qualification completion
- Experience of Software design using – Microsoft suite of programmes, Relux/Dialux, Amtech, Revit
- Knowledge of British and European Standards, Building Regulations documents etc.
- Knowledge of HTM’s would also be of a benefit but not essential.
- Professional Membership (CIBSE, IET)
- In addition to the background and experience of a Senior Engineer; it would be beneficial if the relevant candidate could also have proven experience in the following: –
- A good understanding of HV/LV systems
- Knowledge of integration of embedded generation
- An understanding and specification of incorporating various renewable technologies.
- Working knowledge of BREEAM
- An appreciation of mechanical engineering to be able to cover both disciplines at meetings
- The individual should have good communication skills, a strong willingness to learn and a desire to develop new and existing skills
Benefits include; agile working, contributory pension scheme, competitive salary and plenty of fun. You will not be a number; you will be part of our clients family
Office Based in Solihull, commutable from Worcester, Kidderminster and Coverntry
Salary £50,000 + Car Allowance and exceptional benefits package