Our clients business was founded on the belief that high-quality Ground Investigation data is the key to mitigating ground risk and enhancing design. Over 50 years later, they pride ourselves in the range of techniques they offer, and the quality of the workmanship and data produced by their talented teams across the country.
They are looking for an experienced Estimator from a Ground Investigation background, to join their busy Bid Team in assisting their clients to add value to their projects, supporting the timely return of competitive proposals, and continuing to build our networks with clients, subcontractors and contacts, to allow a pipeline of achievable and profitable work to be secured for the company.
Key Tasks –
- Build relationships with clients, subcontractors and regional business units.
- Review information received from clients and assess requirements for further information to be able to supply a coherent bid. Challenge specification requirements where needed.
- Understand tender return requirements and liaise with other departments to complete and return them to the highest standard possible and within the timescale required.
- Look for opportunities to add value to all tenders and innovative solutions for clients.
- Undertake site visits.
- Discuss site investigation requirements with clients and provide alternative proposals where they are possible.
- Price tenders in line with the regional strategies and pipeline requirements.
- Assist with the production of bid documentation including methodologies and risk assessments.
- Complete the required internal pricing documents and follow sign off procedures dependent on contract risk and value.
- Ensure communication with clients throughout the bid process and manage their expectations.
- Ensure a full understanding of the project specific risks and opportunities is confirmed.
- Undertake tender hand-overs with internal commercial and operational teams as required
- Maintain databases used in the estimating department.
- Knowledge and experience required –
- Significant experience working as an Estimator within the Ground Investigation industry.
- Degree qualified in geology or related subject.
- Understanding of key standard forms of contract (ICC, ICE, NEC) and specifications.
- Knowledge and understanding of the main Ground investigation techniques and plant.
- Experienced user of Excel and other Microsoft packages
- Good interpersonal skills and communication.
- Eye for detail but also able to assimilate large quantities of information in short time periods.
- Self-motivated and high achieving.
- Experience of working in high-demand roles and working to deadlines.
- CSCS certified.
- Able to work in a team or alone.
- Full UK driving license.
In return they offer a competitive salary from £38,000- £45,000 dependant on experience and benefits package, including Company Pension, Private Medical Cover, Company Car, Life Assurance, Wellbeing programmes and Employee Perks (Discounts)
This role is commutable from Huddersfield, Wakefield and Bradford.