Our clients are a private Partnership where the Partners are practising engineers. Each Partner holds complete responsibility for all projects under their care and personally directs teams of chartered engineers, specialists, engineers, graduates and technicians. This personal involvement and their ability to quickly respond to customer needs is what sets our clients apart.
With over 500 technical staff covering a wide range of disciplines they can swiftly provide local staff with the required skills to meet the engineering needs of any project, regardless of location.
They are now seeking an Engineering Geologist to jo their team. The successful candidate will be responsible for seeing multiple projects through from commencement to completion. They will have experience of working as a Geo-Environmental Engineer and will work well within a team.
- Relevant degree in Geology, Engineering Geology, Environmental Science, or in the relevant field
- Postgraduate degree in Contaminated Land, Engineering Geology, Geotechnical Engineering or similar (Desirable)
- Five years or more experience
- Knowledge of Land Contamination within the UK (Desirable)
- Proven experience of Site Investigation
- Proven experience of Report Writing (Including Phase I and Phase II Ground Investigation Reports)
- Strong communication skills
- A full UK driving licence
- Participating in every aspect of Ground Investigation
- Collating data, preparing factual and interpretative desk studies and Ground Investigation reports Site work, including Geotechnical testing, Groundwater sampling, Soil logging and Gas Monitoring Ensuring that all Health and Safety standards are met and adhered to
- Ensuring all work is delivered in line with the company processes and procedures
- Communicating and liaising with colleagues and clients
The salary for this role is £35,000 to £45,000 per annum dependant on experience with excellent benefit programmes available.
This position is commutable from Edinburgh, Kilmarnock and Stirling.