Senior Engineering Geologist, Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineers (Graduate +5 years)
My client has been established for 55 years providing geotechnical and geoenvironmental consultancy and contracting services to the private and public sectors with an annual turnover of £5million. They are ranked in the top 20 engineering consultants in the UK and probably in the top 5 geotechnical/geoenvironmental consultants. They have had a period of steady growth over the past 6 years and currently have vacancies at several levels within their regional Northampton Office and at head office in East Grinstead.
As an Engineer you will be part of a mixed team involved in a number of projects at any one time, ranging from small residential developments to multi-million pound residential, industrial and commercial developments.
You will be qualified, preferable to Masters Level, in Geology, Engineering Geology, Geotechnical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Environmental Science (or equivalent). You will have at least 2 years’ professional experience. This might be with another site investigation company or engineering consultancy, the Environment Agency or possibly as a Local Authority Contaminated Land Officer.
A full valid UK driving licence is required.
Your role will include the following:
- Designing, managing and performing site investigation contracts.
- Estimating and determining feasibility of projects. Agreeing cost estimates with clients and managing project budgets.
- Carrying out Phase 1 Desk Studies and Walkover Surveys.
- Carrying out Phase II+ Intrusive investigations, including risk assessment and interpretative report writing (under supervision as appropriate).
- Inspecting project sites to monitor progress on remediation.
- Directing the collection and field analysis of soil and material samples.
- Directing the receipt, logging, storage, testing and disposal of samples.
- Scheduling of samples for laboratory analysis.
- Preparing or modifying factual and interpretative reports.
- Mentoring and training junior staff.
- Marketing and Company promotion
What they can offer you:
My clients are looking for high calibre candidates and in return they are offering a very generous package. The benefits package will include:
- Competitive Salary. £25,000 – £35,000
- Flexible Working
- Profit Related Bonuses
- Up to 28 days’ annual leave (23 days on commencement)
- Company car (after qualifying period)
- Stakeholder Pension (5% company contribution)
- Non-contributory life assurance scheme
- Professional membership fees paid