Our clients are an independent, award-winning, energy-centric building services design consultancy, specialising in mechanical, engineering, lighting and public health. With a creative team of engineers, designers and technical specialists, they provide innovative solutions to complex engineering and potential design challenges within buildings.
Our clients are searching for an Energy Engineer to fill a role with an immediate requirement. The purpose of the position is to deliver the Energy related element of various design projects, as well as undertaking a variety of Energy tasks / projects. Proven experience in HVAC, refrigeration and renewable energies is required, as is an interest in climate change, energy management and sustainability.
The successful candidate must have:
- Experience in Engineering in relation to Energy Management
- Experience in using HevaComp, TAS or other energy modelling software
- EPC Certification preferable
- Low Carbon Consultant Certification
- Recognised academic qualifications, Degree, HND, HNC, etc.
- Membership of appropriate professional body (IMechE, CIBSE etc.)
- A client focussed attitude
- A practical understanding of heat and power generating technologies
- Experience of concept design of energy production, usage, and recovery systems
- Working experience of passive or low energy design solutions
- Familiarity of producing energy reports and energy statements for planning purposes
- Ability to produce performance and emission calculations
- Ability to produce energy and mass balances
- Familiarity with commercial contracting and purchasing procedures
- Financial modelling of energy production processes
- Familiarity with AutoCAD, Revit, and Microsoft Office 365
The role requires a dynamic personality who can develop a team and lead sustainability within the company. The role also offers future potential for significant progression opportunities to Associate Director level for the right candidate.
You will assist in the preparation of fee proposal documents, work on technical and commercial inputs, produce design deliverables, participate in technical reviews, attend internal/external project review meetings and recommend / implement improvements to technical policy and design solutions. At all times meeting client needs and company objectives.
Flexible working from home or in the office will be considered
- Client facing
- Receiving and understanding the requirements of the project
- Undertaking design calculations
- Developing design proposals at sketch, detail design, production stages and site inspections
- Liaising with clients, other members of the design team, suppliers, and Contractors, as necessary.
- Preparing tender documentation
- Monitoring and reporting on contracts in progress on site
- Undertaking site surveys
- Complying with SVM QA and other procedures
- Preparing reports
- Providing guidance to junior engineers and CAD / Revit staff as necessary
Assisting in other departments and areas when the needs of the business require.
Secondary duties will involve from time-to-time development work on systems and procedures to assist in the efficient design of future projects
·A Mechanical Engineering degree would be preferable
·Sound mechanical engineering design skills on general mechanical services
·Chartered Engineer or working towards chartered status
·Minimum of 5 years post qualification experience in the design of building engineering services
·The ability to make a real impact
·Computer literate and experience of computer aided design calculation procedures.
·Knowledge of spreadsheets
·Strong commercial awareness
·Ability to be a real team player
The salary for this position is £45,000 to £55,000 per annum dependant on experience with excellent benefit programmes available.
This position is commutable from Oxford, Aylesbury, Luton, Dunstable and Watford