Our Clients are M&E engineers that treat each new project as an opportunity to deliver smarter, more efficient solutions for our clients.
They’ve spent 60 years making buildings work better for people, enhancing their reputation for innovation with practicality at every turn, and are proud to have become one of the UK’s top 30 M&E consultancies. High-profile museums, libraries and other national treasures tell part of the story of their past successes but it is the next project – with its opportunities to combine the highest of standards with value and sustainability – that excites them most.
Our clients are searching for an Energy Engineer to fill a role with an immediate requirement. The purpose of the position is to deliver the Energy related element of various design projects, as well as undertaking a variety of Energy tasks / projects. Proven experience in HVAC, refrigeration and renewable energies is required, as is an interest in climate change, energy management and sustainability.
The successful candidate must have:
• Experience in Engineering in relation to Energy Management
• Experience in using HevaComp, TAS or other energy modelling software
• EPC Certification preferable
• Low Carbon Consultant Certification
• Recognised academic qualifications, Degree, HND, HNC, etc.
• Membership of appropriate professional body (IMechE, CIBSE etc.)
• A client focussed attitude
• A practical understanding of heat and power generating technologies
• Experience of concept design of energy production, usage, and recovery systems
• Working experience of passive or low energy design solutions
• Familiarity of producing energy reports and energy statements for planning purposes
• Ability to produce performance and emission calculations
• Ability to produce energy and mass balances
• Familiarity with commercial contracting and purchasing procedures
• Financial modelling of energy production processes
• Familiarity with AutoCAD, Revit, and Microsoft Office 365
The role requires a dynamic personality who can develop a team and lead sustainability within the company. The role also offers future potential for significant progression opportunities to Associate Director level for the right candidate.
You will assist in the preparation of fee proposal documents, work on technical and commercial inputs, produce design deliverables, participate in technical reviews, attend internal/external project review meetings and recommend / implement improvements to technical policy and design solutions. At all times meeting client needs and company objectives.
Flexible working from home or in the office will be considered
• Client facing
• Receiving and understanding the requirements of the project
• Undertaking design calculations
• Developing design proposals at sketch, detail design, production stages and site inspections
• Liaising with clients, other members of the design team, suppliers, and Contractors, as necessary.
• Preparing tender documentation
• Monitoring and reporting on contracts in progress on site
• Undertaking site surveys
• Complying with our clients QA and other procedures
• Preparing reports
• Providing guidance to junior engineers and CAD / Revit staff as necessary
• A Mechanical Engineering degree would be preferable
• Sound mechanical engineering design skills on general mechanical services
• Chartered Engineer or working towards chartered status
• Minimum of 5 years post qualification experience in the design of building engineering services
• The ability to make a real impact
• Computer literate and experience of computer aided design calculation procedures.
• Knowledge of spreadsheets
• Strong commercial awareness
• Ability to be a real team player
The salary for this role is £45,000 to £55,000 per annum dependant on experience with excellent benefit programmes available.
This role is commutable from Aylsebury, Watford and Luton.