Our clients, established in 1968 as a firm of Consulting Civil & Structural Engineers are a recognised market leading provider of professional services and engineering design services. They work with clients to realise their aspirations and plans from initial feasibility and concept studies through to delivery and operation of facilities.
With a significant technical staff resource the company is one of the largest of its kind in the north of England and has demonstrable capability in Project Management, Building Surveying, Geotechnical and Geochemical Investigations and reporting, Geo-environmental Investigations and reporting, Topographic Surveys, Infrastructure Design, Specialist Foundation Design, Refurbishments and Flood Risk Assessments all of which complement the core business of Civil & Structural Engineering.
The Company holds accreditations to ISO 9001, ISO 14001, CHAS, Constructionline, Safe contractor and RISQS.
Our clients are now seeking Senior Civil Drainage Engineers to join their team.
• Preparation of preliminary through to detailed design for drainage infrastructure;
• Obtaining statutory approvals;
• Contract preparation and procurement;
• Provide design support to construction phases
• Clearly specify information requirements to both Clients, Professional Partners and other Team members, provide prompt responses and work with Clients to understand objectives and outcomes of Projects.
• Support the development of junior team members where appropriate.
• Ensure the effectiveness of our solution in meeting the client’s evaluation criteria
• Ensure successful project delivery to time, cost, quality and other contractual requirements
• Contribute to work winning and deliver projects safely in accordance with the divisional controls for bidding and revenue and margin delivery on projects.
• Degree in Civil Engineering – BEng
• Membership of Institution of Civil Engineers or Chartered Institution of Highways & Transportation.
• Strong technical knowledge, including use of industry standard road and/or drainage design software and sound knowledge of current design standards
• A positive and enthusiastic approach
• Ability to form constructive, lasting relationships with clients and professional partners
• Ability to develop and sell innovative solutions for clients
• Ability to work as part of an experienced team of professionals
• High standards of written and oral communication
• Good appreciation of project management
• A proactive approach to seeking and sharing knowledge
• A commitment to mentoring colleagues
£40,000 to £45,000 per annum depending on experience
This role is commutable from Grantham, Scunthorpe and Mansfield.