Our clients are seeking a motivated, highly driven and commercially astute Quantity Surveyor to join their Commercial team.
As a Quantity Surveyor you will be accountable for the commercial management of various new build residential projects across East Anglia reporting to the Head of Surveying.
Ideal requirements for this role will include:
- Good knowledge of Quantity Surveying practices and procedures.
- Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying (BSc) or similar (HNC/HND)
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- A good understanding of construction practices.
- The ability to work as part of a team, but also be disciplined and self-motivated to manage individual workload to strict deadlines.
- Computer literate with competency in Microsoft packages
- Knowledge of COINS (preferred).
- Previous experience in new build residential sector (preferred).
Main duties will include:
- Collating tender documentation
- Carrying out the full tendering process
- Managing numerous sites simultaneously
- Subcontractor appraisal and assessment
- Contract award and contract management
- Providing cost estimates
- Cost planning/forecasting
- Budget management and cost reporting
- Valuations and processing payments
- Variation control and management
- Attending site visits and project team meetings
Benefits include a competitive salary of £27,000 – £32,000 per annum based on experience, fully expensed company car or car allowance and, upon completion of probationary period, company pension scheme and private healthcare.
There are two positions available.
To apply for this position, please submit your CV through Reed. We will call you back to discuss the role in more detail.