Project Mechanical and Electrical Services Engineer
Bradford on Avon, Wiltshire, or West Yorkshire
My clients are a young and energetic business with a passion for sustainable buildings that are simple and robust. They harness science and technology to lead the way in building efficiency which is why we are proud to have been recognised with a number of industry awards.
Everyone at the company is constantly learning, through formal training, internal discussion, and a variety of exciting projects. Their tight-knit team is constantly sharing ideas and inspiration, problems, and solutions. They endeavour to collaborate across disciplines, both internally and with other organisations, to deliver great outcomes for their clients.
My clients are looking for an experienced MEP Engineer capable of developing design details for electrical, mechanical and plumbing systems within the field of building efficiency design.
The successful candidate will also be comfortable acting as project lead, as well as being part of a small design team alongside their Building Physicists.
The ideal candidate will hold most, if not all, of these attributes:
- a relevant qualification (e.g. degree or equivalent in Engineering or Physics)
- two or more years’ experience in a similar role
- able to develop MEP services, layouts and details
- a good working knowledge of Building Regulations
- a good understanding of Passivhaus design principles
- strong communication skills
- excellent IT skills, ideally including experience with Excel, Word, AutoCAD, REVIT and SketchUp, etc
- ideally a member of a relevant industry body (e.g. CIBSE, iMechE, etc.)
- a passion for good sustainable, low-energy design
- self-motivated and eager to learn
- able to work well both within a team & independently
- full driving licence
What to expect
At times it can be hard graft. If the deadlines all come together, you will be expected to roll your sleeves up. However, they operate a flexi-time system so you can kick back when you need to.
In return, you will get to be part of an exciting, growing business where no two days are the same. We will invest in your skills and knowledge and help you achieve your ambitions.
- A salary of circa £40,000 depending on experience
- Ethical pension option
- 25 days’ holiday + bank holidays
- Flexible working
My client’s new hybrid working policy is under development but there is a requirement to be in the office regularly, including an intensive settling-in period on-site, as well as working from home.