Power Systems Engineer
Our clients now have an exciting opportunity for a Power Systems Engineer to join a dedicated Power Systems Team within their establishment. The role will be based in their Birmingham Office, working 36.25 hours per week under their agile framework.
Our clients are a friendly team intent on bringing sustainable buildings to life through design.
Ultimately, they relish working collaboratively with their clients to solve their biggest problems. Through the application of research-led design, innovation, and sustainable methodologies they can create tailored solutions that meet the needs of their clients, whilst also being positive for the environment and delivering on net-zero carbon.
Their people are the beating heart of our organisation. With over 240 staff across 11 office locations, they run an international operation spanning the UK, Poland and India.
Our client’s business are a family, where each person plays an important role in the day-to-day operation which contribute to its success. As such, staff well-being is their top priority. They are invested in their people; they strive to ensure that each member of their staff is fulfilled to be the best they can be. Ultimately, Their People are their Power.
- Providing support for projects that require specialist power systems engineering input or developing detailed designs for pure power systems projects.
- Developing technical reports and specifications.
- Liaison with DNO’s
- Network modelling and simulation (we use the ETAP software but experience with this or another similar platform is a requirement).
- Attendance at design team meetings and presenting work to clients.
- Visiting sites to inspect installations and review contractor’s work.
Activities Undertaken with the opportunity for Guidance of the Company’s Lead Power Systems Engineer
- Network design for electrical distribution networks from Low Voltage up to 132kV.
- Load flow and fault level analysis.
- Protection studies.
- Harmonic Analysis to demonstrate compliance with ENA ER G5/4.
- Arc Flash assessments.
- Voltage stability analysis.
- Insulation coordination studies.
- Site surveys and investigations.
- Substation and cable network design.
- Generation schemes, including standby and peak power, wind turbines and solar photovoltaic schemes.
- Submission of documentation to DNO’s and obtaining compliance and approval for embedded generation schemes to be connected.
- Substation earthing design.
- Production of specifications and drawings.
- Technical Reports.
- Liaison with contractors during project execution.
- Site attendance during commissioning.
- Offering powers system advice to building services engineers
- The successful candidate will have a Degree in Power System Engineering or related discipline and previous experience of working in an engineering environment.
- Experience of using ETAP (IPSA+, ERACS, Power Factory, Amtech HV or similar) software.
- Experience of using Revit software would be advantageous but is not essential.
- The individual should have good communication skills, a strong willingness to learn and a desire to develop new and existing skills.
Our clients offer a wider range of competitive benefits to all employees. Further details will be shared with you when they meet you.
The salary for this role is £32,000 to £45,000 per annum dependant on experience with excellent benefit programmes available.
This position is commutable from Birmingham, Coventry and Redditch.