Due to continued growth, my clients are looking for an experienced Mechanical Estimator with a building services background to join their fast-paced commercial team.
In this role you will be responsible for securing new plumbing and heating contracts within the new build housing sector. You will be tasked with producing accurate mechanical estimates on time and hand over successful tenders to the project delivery teams.
More about us:
My client is an established and dynamic mechanical and electrical building services specialist, based on the South Coast.
They provide a truly integrated and efficiently managed end-to-end service for the mechanical, electrical, and renewable energy requirements across the construction industry.
Key responsibilities include:
- Review and assess tender documentation and requirements to enable the production of successful tenders through to handover with the project delivery teams
- Complete take-offs from drawings and extract relevant information from specifications
- Liaise with approved suppliers and subcontractors to gain and evaluate competitive quotations. Verify these and ensure they meet project requirements
- Produce accurate cost estimates with full breakdowns for approval
- To deliver value engineering through a tender process
- Assist in design layouts and preparation of as-built mechanical layouts
- Liaise with Electrical estimators to ensure fully compliant M&E package as required
- Present tender proposal to Commercial Director to check and sign off before submission
- Following submission, maintain communications with the client during the tender period
- Attend tender meetings with clients as required
Qualifications and Skills:
The ideal candidate will be a Mechanical Estimator with previous experience and proven track record within M&E building services. You will be able ambitious, enthusiastic, and motivated to help drive the business forward.
- At least 5 years of previous experience working as a Mechanical Estimator on new build projects
- An understanding of residential new build plumbing, heating, and mechanical installations
- Excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of estimating software beneficial
- Able to produce accurate estimates efficiently and effectively
- Ability to work well under pressure and to strict tender deadlines
- Strong IT skills, especially Microsoft Excel
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills
- Full-time position offering a competitive salary of up to £50,000 DOE
- 28 days annual leave, including Bank Holidays
- Company Pension Scheme