Our clients are a leading independent engineering firm at the heart of building services since 1978. Delivering electrical, mechanical and sustainability engineering services they have built their reputation based on engineering knowhow and service excellence, specialising in industrial engineering solutions for the future.
Working with renowned brands and prestigious engineering projects throughout the United Kingdom and abroad their team drives engineering designs for a safer and more sustainable tomorrow.Their team is passionate about what they do, operating in a diverse range of building projects covering commercial, education, hotels, industrial, leisure and entertainment, mixed use, residential schemes and shopping centres.
Our clients are currently seeking an Associate Mechanical Director to join their Ascot office to oversee a team of engineers while managing key clients and projects in several specialist areas. This would suit an ambitious and outgoing engineer with a proven track record of driving their current business forward. They offer excellent work-life balance and plenty of progression with the chance to further strengthen the team enabling the delivery of exceptional projects nationwide.
- Maintaining key client relationships
- Business development/Identify new opportunities/clients and dealing with project tenders
- Leading and managing the technical development of internal team
- Coordinate with senior team members to ensure continuous development of junior staff
- Oversee internal resourcing and work with other internal departments
- Oversee project delivery from feasibility through to construction stage
- Ensure projects delivered are profitable and in-line with client brief
- Project management across multiple sectors
- Coordinate with internal teams and external – Clients, Architects, Contractors, Consultants etc
- Oversee technical design throughout project lifecycle
- Attend client and progress meetings throughout various phases of projects
- Site inspections reporting back to design team
- 5+ years experience
- Preferably Chartered through CIBSE or IMechE
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or industry related qualification
- Recent UK Building Services Consultancy experience
- A good understanding of electrical, sustainability and public health aspects
- Leading and managing the technical development of a team of engineers
- Adhering to relevant British Standards/Regs and Codes of Practice
- Working with partners within the wider business to meet company objectives
- Managing client relationships and develop new relationships
- Overseeing resourcing and delivery according to financial targets
- Up to date with Health and Safety and Environment Policy
The salary for this role is £55,000 to £60,000 per annum dependant on experience with excellent benefit programmes available.
Commutable from: Reading, Woking, Guildford and Maidenhead