With over 100 years of history, our clients are the UK’s leading provider of testing, inspection and compliance services, operating across three sectors and offering an unrivalled range of technical expertise and accredited services, including consultancy. Proud of their innovative nature, customer focus and drive to continually improve, they put people at the heart of what they do, employing more than 1400 people throughout a nationwide network of UKAS accredited laboratories and offices, serving over 7000 customers.
About the role:
This is an exciting opportunity for a Field Technician to join an enthusiastic team delivering ground investigation and geotechnical services to a wide range of clients across the UK, with the UK’s number one testing, inspection and compliance company.
Client focused and quality driven, they are a leading provider of infrastructure services. Now they need a Field Technician with window sampling experience to help deliver ground investigation in the London and southern region.
- Undertake window sampling and dynamic probing using a dynamic sampling competitor rig
- Undertake concrete coring using an electric coring rig
- Undertake shallow and deep hand excavated trial pits plus install shoring safely to the manufacturer’s guidelines and backfill when complete
- Undertake other general labouring duties e.g. erecting and repairing fences, breaking out of hard standing, general reinstatement of tarmac/concrete/minor brickwork/reinforced concrete/block paving and cobbles/grass or landscaped areas, helping to mobilise equipment to sites with difficult access, light instrument monitoring, delivery of consumables to site, collection of samples from site and tidying stores where required and operating a forklift on site when required.
We’re looking for a professional, dynamic and motivated individual with the ability to work alone and as part of a team. This could be a school leaver with CSCS card or someone with site experience.
Communicative, organised, flexible and committed, you must also:
Be comfortable in undertaking a physical role; the job involves being on your feet for long periods of time
- Have an ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Have a full, clean UK Driving Licence with ability / licence to tow advantageous. Forklift experience and a CPCS Licence also advantageous
- Have awareness of health and safety in construction and ability to work to and implement health and safety legislation
- Keep accurate, legible records of tests carried out.
In return, our clients offer a competitive salary and all the benefits of working for a dynamic and growing organisation including generous holidays, company pension and discounts on high street shopping.
The salary for this role is £22,000 to £24,000 per annum dependant on experience with excellent benefit programmes available.
This role is commutable from Oxford, Newbury and Farnborough.