Purpose of job:
Assisting experienced Engineers in order to gain experience and detailed working knowledge of all parts of the construction industry. Becoming specialised in a particular engineering discipline, to formulate a career profile with development and recording of training and experience gained to becoming a fully qualified engineer.
- Assist Senior Engineers with detailed design tasks, equipment selection and drawing production.
- Understand principle components to system designs and the different types of systems. Awareness of design options and their application.
- Carry out detailed design calculations and adopt a full understanding of computer design packages.
- Maintain day-release education with acceptable exam results, where appropriate.
- Develop an understanding of Legislations, Standards, Building Regulations and Codes of Practice.
- Learn and understand construction techniques and develop awareness of other design team disciplines.
- Develop and gain a good awareness of manufacture products and systems and how they can be implemented in design.
- To gain a comprehensive understanding of Sustain able design approach and options related to your engineering discipline to advise the design team, including considering impact on reserving natural resources, Embodied Carbon and Operational Carbon Emissions.
- Maintain a training log on a daily basis, recording achievements and experience.
- Maintain good client and design team relationships to achieve high levels of satisfaction and repeat business.
- Assist Group Leader with identifying and implementing your personal training/CPD requirements. Help develop working practices in the Company.
- Implement and manage QA systems and procedures on all projects.
- Implement Company Health and Safety. Ensure all designs respond to the CDM regulations.
- Post Graduate Qualifications(Degree/Master from CIBSE recognised University)
- Membership of a professional engineering body (Graduate or Trainee Engineer, training towards Licentiate/ Associate Engineer/ Chartered Engineer).
- Minimum2 years experience.
- Learning communication/presentation skills.
- Learning of statutory legislation and standards.
The job includes a salary ranging between £23,000 – £27,000 per annum depending on experience + benefits.