DESIGN ENGINEER (Electrical)
Our clients have an exciting opportunity for a Design Engineer to join them, based in their Birmingham and London Offices.
They require a proactive individual to join them on a full time basis, working 36.25 hours per week under their agile framework.
Our clients are a friendly team intent on bringing sustainable buildings to life through design.
Ultimately, they relish working collaboratively with their clients to solve their biggest problems. Through the application of research-led design, innovation, and sustainable methodologies they can create tailored solutions that meet the needs of their clients, whilst also being positive for the environment and delivering on net-zero carbon.
Their people are the beating heart of their organisation. With over 240 staff across 11 office locations, they run an international operation spanning the UK, Poland and India.
Our client’s business is a family, where each person plays an important role in the day-to-day operation which contribute to its success. As such, staff well-being is their top priority. They are invested in their people; they strive to ensure that each member of our staff is fulfilled to be the best they can be. Ultimately, Their People are their Power.
In your new role as a Design Engineer you will be responsible for
- Working on a variety of interesting projects across varied sectors
- Being involved in all stages of the projects
- Working closely with others, in a team environment, to achieve a common goal
- Producing drawings and specifications
- Carrying out design calculations utilising both manual and computer techniques
- Monitor own design delivery for quality and in line with programme and budget
- Liaison with the other design department members to understand client’s requirements and select solutions, plant and equipment appropriately with some guidance
- Services technical design knowledge and co-ordination
- Representing the company at certain project meetings
- Sustainability understanding and implementation (LZC)
- Site management of contractors and installations in terms of compliance with design
- Continued Professional Development (CPD) and continue to learn about new technologies and developments
- Sound understanding of other disciplines
You will become an integral part of their team, as well as being able to work on your own initiative and with a proactive approach.
Your Experience & Qualifications
- A Degree in mechanical or building services engineering or HNC/HND
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience of design in building services, post qualification completion
- Experience of Software design using – Microsoft suite of programmes, Relux/Dialux, Amtech, Revit
- Knowledge of British and European Standards, Building Regulations documents etc.
- Knowledge of HTM’s would also be of a benefit but not essential.
- Membership (CIBSE, IET)
- An understanding and specification of incorporating various renewable technologies.
- Working knowledge of BREEAM
- An appreciation of mechanical engineering to be able to cover both disciplines at meetings
You will have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and a strong willingness to learn and a desire to develop new and existing skills.
Our clients offer a wider range of competitive benefits to all employees. Further details will be shared with you when they meet you.
The salary for this role is £25,000 to £40,000 per annum dependant on experience with excellent benefit programmes available.