Graduate Engineering Geologist, Geotechnical and Geo-Environmental Engineers
My client has been established for 55 years providing geotechnical and geoenvironmental consultancy and contracting services to the private and public sectors, with an annual turnover of £5million. They are ranked in the top 20 engineering consultants in the UK and probably in the top 5 geotechnical/ geoenvironmental consultants. They have had a period of steady growth over the past 6 years and currently have vacancies at several levels within their regional Northampton Office and at head office In East Grinstead, West Sussex.
As a Graduate Engineer you will be part of a mixed team involved in a number of projects at any one time, ranging from small residential developments to multi-million pound residential, industrial and commercial developments.
You will be qualified, preferable to Masters Level, in Geology, Engineering Geology, Geotechnical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Environmental Science (or equivalent). A full valid UK driving license is required.
Full training will be given on all aspects of the job, with your role developing to include the following:
- Designing, managing and performing site investigation contracts.
- Estimating and determining feasibility of projects. Agreeing cost estimates with clients and managing project budgets.
- Carrying out Phase 1 Desk Studies and Walkover Surveys.
- Carrying out Phase II+ Intrusive investigations, including risk assessment and interpretative report writing (under supervision as appropriate).
- Inspecting project sites to monitor progress on remediation.
- Directing the collection and field analysis of soil and material samples.
- Directing the receipt, logging, storage, testing and disposal of samples.
- Scheduling of samples for laboratory analysis.
- Preparing or modifying factual and interpretative reports.
What they can offer you:
My clients are looking for high calibre candidates and in return they are offering a very generous package. The benefits package will include:
- Competitive Salary – £22,000-£26,000
- Profit Related Bonuses
- Up to 28 days’ annual leave (23 days on commencement)
- Company car (after qualifying period)
- Stakeholder Pension (5% company contribution)
- Non-contributory life assurance scheme
- Professional membership fees paid