Our clients are friendly, well established and progressive company with offices in Caernarfon and Mold. They are a growing, independent business with expertise in the fields of civil, structural and geotechnical engineering consultancy services, and have a genuine commitment to the professional development and career prospects of their staff.
They offer –
- An interesting and varied workload
- A supportive and friendly team to work with
- Technically challenging projects
- Support towards attaining Chartership (including payment of professional membership fees).
Graduate Structural Engineer
Our clients now have an opening for a Graduate Structural Engineer to join their busy and thriving office in Mold, the beautifully picturesque North Wales.
• To carry out the detailed design of projects
• To prepare the project technical documentation
• To provide support to the Project Managers
• Attend and contribute to Project Start up meeting.
• Prepare project programme and monitor progress against it as required.
• Develop conceptual design and agree with Design Team
• Prepare structural model of the proposals.
• Prepare design calculations to current codes and standards in accordance with the Company’s QMS
• Provide technical input as required including design specification, risk assessments and details as appropriate.
• Liaise with Technicians to clearly communicate to them the design and monitor the production of details.
• Prepare construction drawings as required.
• Contribute to BIM capability within the Company.
• Check drawings and calculations prepared by others for compliance with standards and the project design.
• Carry out Health and Safety Risk Assessments to CDM.
• Ensure CDM status is completed.
• Prepare project specifications.
• Carry out investigations, inspections and surveys and prepare written reports as appropriate.
• Liaise as required with architects and other professionals, clients, contractors and other outside organisations.
• Contribute to Project Change Log.
• Make sure all work is delivered to timescales and deadlines
• Work within Company Quality standards
• Carry out such other duties as may occasionally be required.
For more information, please send your CV and we will call you to discuss further. If you are looking for a similar role in the UK, please send through your CV as we have similar roles elsewhere in the country.
Salary ranges from £21,000 – £26,000 per annum depending on experience + benefits.