Our clients were established in 1978 and have been practicing continuously as Mechanical and Electrical Engineering Consultants since this date.
Having been established on a basis of heavy engineering, considerable experience has been gained on primary site infrastructure. This experience includes primary heat generation (steam, MTHW and LTHW), pipework distribution systems, standby power generation/UPS, and all aspects of electrical power, site alarm systems, and telecommunications and data networks.
You will be responsible for taking a design brief from concept into design and then onto assembling prototypes, solving engineering problems and creating technical documentation along the way.
Many of products are bespoke to an individual customers requirement and this roll will also include managing production and assembly of these custom devices.
Key responsibilities include:
• Develop new products based on design briefs supplied by customers or management
• Designing from initial concept through to manufacture creating solid models, manufacturing drawings, technical literature and BOM’s
• Constructing bespoke mechanisms
• Design manufacturing tooling / machines and provide technical support to the Production Manager to ensure continued smooth operation of manufacturing equipment
• Contribute within design reviews and support other engineers in the team
• Provide technical support to the internal sales team
• Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related subject
• 3D CAD experience – Solidworks preferred but others considered
• Strong mathematics skills
• Self-motivated and self-managed, well organised with strong analytical & administrative skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Fluent English language skills
• Driving license and own transport
Salary – £22,000-£24,000