GRADUATE GEOENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEER
My client is a forward-thinking and growing business which offers a wide range of services to the built environment. From planning and geoenvironmental consultancy, their expertise extends to demolition, drilling and grouting, remediation, earthworks, and civil engineering projects.
This is a great opportunity for a dynamic Graduate Geoenvironmental Engineer to join my clients geoenvironmental consultancy team based in Leeds. Working alongside other geoenvironmental engineers, and after appropriate technical and health and safety training, you will be responsible for managing and supervising site works including trial pitting, cable and rotary drilling, etc, undertaking gas/groundwater monitoring, verification of clean cap/gas protection measures, and scheduling laboratory testing, as well as being provided with the opportunity to develop your technical knowledge and report writing skills (factual and interpretative). My client places a strong emphasis on staff development and this role offers the right candidate huge opportunity for career development both within their consultancy business and within their wider business interests.
To be successful in your application you must demonstrate:
- A strong academic background in a relevant subject e.g., Geology/Engineering Geology/Environmental Engineering Degree with knowledge of both geotechnical engineering and contaminated land risk assessment
It would be beneficial if you could demonstrate:
- Any experience in carrying out Site Investigations
- An understanding of contaminated land regulatory and legislative framework
- A knowledge of the principal soil and rock strata encountered in the UK and are able to log samples using the descriptions contained within BS EN ISO 14688-1&2: 2018, BS EN ISO 14689: 2018 and BS:5930:2015+A1:2020
- An awareness of conceptual models to design and justify the nature and scope of site investigation works
- Basic computer literacy and experience with standard MS packages such as MS Word and MS Excel. Knowledge of CAD and Holebase desirable.
A full clean UK Driving Licence is required.