Our clients are a Civil Engineering Design Consultancy based in the centre of Bournemouth employing around 10 staff and is seeking to expand through organic growth. Typical projects range in value from £1K to £500K. They provide excellent training opportunities (approved ICE Training Scheme) and a negotiable package dependant on candidate level of experience and ability.
The successful candidate will have hands on knowledge and experience of the design process associated with drainage design for commercial and residential developments and will have a full UK driving licence. Experience in the preparation of Flood Risk Assessments, structural engineering, roads and car parks and other aspects of general civil engineering design would be beneficial.
They have a mixed workload and can offer autonomy, variety and the opportunity to run your own projects, liaise directly with clients, whilst playing a strategic part in our ongoing growth plans. The role offers excellent career prospects.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
• Responsible for undertaking supervised design input on a wide variety of civil engineering and building project
• Undertaking site visits to investigate existing systems to aid evaluation of potential solutions
• Predominately office based design using CAD for water related projects
• Attending site during construction where your designs have been implemented
• Surveying drainage systems to inform design and CCTV requirements
• Designing SUDS (soakaways, swales and balancing / attenuation ponds)
• Hydraulic modelling of surface water drainage networks along with online or offline storage solutions
• Engineering appraisals of developable land
• Preparation of proposals for the maintenance and repair of drainage infrastructure such both surface water and wastewater
• Preparation of cost estimates and project timescales for capital works
• Contract Management including Contract preparation and administration
• Assisting the project manager on various aspects of projects
• Liaise with clients, other professional teams and disciplines on relevant aspects of projects
• Undertaking own self development and promoting CPD activities.
• Support the Office Director in managing the team’s workload
• Relevant Civil Engineering Qualification, HNC/BTEC or above BSc / MEng
• Minimum of 1-3 years post full time education / Minimum of 1-3 years post graduate experience
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Demonstratable hands on experience of AutoCAD 2D
• Experience in site surveying and setting out
• Experience in the design process associated with drainage and roads for commercial and residential developments
• Self-motivated, enthusiastic team player, able to work on own initiative
• Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
This role is commutable from: Salisbury, Weymouth and Southampton
The salary for this role is £22,000 to £25,000 per annum dependant on experience with excellent benefit programmes available.