My client is looking for a hard-working and intelligent Assistant QS to work as part of our growing commercial team.
The ideal candidate would be in the final year of an accelerated day release QS degree, or recently graduated, who has been working for a similar sized contractor providing refurbishment/maintenance type services to client’s within the healthcare, education, office fit out and general commercial sectors. You should have a desire to be exposed to a full range of responsibilities incl. estimating, procurement, change control and even some minor elements of design and project management in a client facing role. You will be comfortable working closely within a small, dynamic, young team with high growth aspirations. You will ideally have your own vehicle that they would be willing to use for business purposes with mileage reimbursed.
The role will cover all commercial aspects of construction projects from initial enquiry through to the end of the defects liability period including but not limited to;
- Document Control
- Budget Management
- Change Control Administration
- Payment Administration
- Reporting and Forecasting
The successful candidate is likely to have;
– Strong Microsoft Word and Excel skills
– Spatial awareness and ability to read/interpret drawings
– A friendly, client facing personality
– Professional writing style and good grammar
– Strong time management and communication skills
– Ability to produce professional looking documentation
– An eye for detail and ability to identify risk
– Familiarity with measurement, units and scales
– Mathematical ability
The package we are offering is;
– Company Pension
– Training and professional development support
– Opportunity to grow their role in conjunction with the company
- From £23,000 to £27,000 per annum dependant on experience. Excellent benefit programs available.
- Commutable from: Warrington, Stockport and Bolton