Our clients are a well-established, market-leading consultancy offering a ‘one-stop’ solution for all aspects of transport planning, S278/38 highways scheme design, drainage, environmental planning, implementation and operation. They operate throughout the UK assisting their diverse clientele with a range of interesting projects.
They are committed to supporting and inspiring each other. They are currently looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated team member who embraces this same ethos to join their Highway Design team, in their Farnborough office. Our Clients offer a great employment package, including a competitive salary, annual and on-the-spot bonuses, Company pension and Healthcare.
Working as a member of a highway design team you will be assisting senior members of the team with the production of highway designs including calculations, drawings and specifications to relevant local and national highway standards. Your experience should demonstrate the successful design of projects within a consultancy environment; including meeting deadlines and targets. Your verbal and written communication skills and teamwork should be excellent.
You will be self-motivated and able to support senior staff in the design team in which you will be a member. You will also provide support to the Project Managers in the planning teams as and when required.
As a Graduate / Assistant Highway Design Engineer, you will assist with the implementation of a range of highway schemes through the feasibility, design and construction stages. You will be responsible for preparing designs and drawings, liaising with utility providers and other service provider companies and gaining technical approvals from the Local Highway Authority. This could include highway improvement schemes, new roads, streetscape improvement and designing new infrastructure projects.
Designing and implementing highway engineering solutions for our clients in the private and public sectors;
- Developing excellent and effective collaborative relationships with key stakeholders, external providers and other agencies;
- Responsible for the completion of assigned tasks to budget and programme;
- Preparing reports, drawings, schedules, cost estimates and other documents; and
- Assisting senior members with monthly programme and financial reporting
Required skills / experience:
- Experience of designing roads to local and national highway design standards;
- Working knowledge of the technical approval process relating to Section 278 and Section 38 agreements;
- Experience in producing highway design technical drawings / AutoCAD;
- Experience in junction design;
- Working knowledge of the various UK national design standards such as the DMRB, TSRGD, MfS;
- Experience in production of budget construction cost estimates;
- Proficient in use of vehicle tracking software;
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office software, namely Word and Excel; and
- Hold a valid UK driving licence.
- Experience of vertical 3D highway design using AutoCAD Civil 3D;
- Experience in use of KeySign / KeyPost software or similar;
- Experience of Roundabout design;
- Experience of site supervision and construction contracts;
- Knowledge of various Legal Agreements such as 106 and 104 agreements;
- Experience in highway drainage design and use of MicroDrainage software;
- Knowledge of Highways England standard MCHW and production of Bills of Quantities; and
- Experience of KeyPost software or similar.
Commutable from: Basingstoke, Winchester, Guildford, Reading & Crawley.
Salary: £22,000-£28,000 per annum depending on experience. Excellent benefit programs available.
Our clients are looking to fill this role quickly, if you are interested, please send our CV today.