Our clients are a geotechnical and environmental consultancy offering a comprehensive range of services to the housing developers, public sector development, commercial construction, road, rail and utilities sectors. These vary from desk studies through to on-site intrusive investigations, which are used to provide ground models for contaminated land assessments, foundation, pavement, road and drainage designs. In addition we undertake slope stability analysis and design, basement impact assessments, contamination remediation strategies and validation reports together with earthworks specifications and material management plans.
The company has been grown from a sole trader to a £2.4M turnover consultancy that has grown by 100% since 2010. To date they have undertaken over seven thousand investigations for a wide range of projects including; investigations of former gas works, petrol stations, landfills, chemical works, government sites, airports and railways, as well as schools, hospitals and green field sites.
Current projected turnover for the 2020/21 financial year is anticipated to be in excess of £2.6M and as a result they need to further expand their team with the addition of a Technician to meet the growing workload.
The role of the technician will be threefold:
1. Primarily travelling around their sites undertaking groundwater and ground gas monitoring using a dip meter and a gas monitor – training will be provided.
2. Providing manual support to their consultants either on-site in the form of setting up sites (fencing, traffic management or the like), trial pitting, soakage tests or with sorting of soil samples.
3. Occasionally it may be required to take samples to our laboratory supplier in Watford.
As the role develops the candidate may be given soakage testing projects of their own to manage and supervise.
Candidates need to understand that travel is an important part of the role, given how our geographic coverage has expanded over the last 6 six years.
The competencies of a Technician are:
• Team working skills, in order to contribute within a team to the execution of a wide range of activities.
• Reliability – much of our work is time sensitive to meet the time windows that our clients have.
• Ability to take instruction and meet deadlines.
• The ability to plan workload effectively.
• Understanding the importance of meeting customer needs.
• Clean driving license.
• Experience of driving commercial vehicles preferred.
• Up to £20,000
Pensions are now standard with all companies following auto-enrolment, but in addition to this Geo-Environmental offers:
• Performance related bonuses, up to 10% of salary
• A £750 allowance which can be put towards other benefits such as Private Medical Care, Gym Membership, Bikes for Work, Phones and Laptops, and other benefits.
• Childcare vouchers
• Employee Assistance Programme
This role is commutable from Horsham, Crawley and Brighton