My clients have a fantastic opportunity for two geo-environmental engineers to join the business. The successful candidates will work with the geotechnical and environmental specialist team based in their Sheffield office assisting with a varied workload across a wide variety of schemes varying from the investigation and remediation of complex brownfield sites to stabilization of slopes and rock faces.
Apart from working with great colleagues who are passionate about what they do, you will be joining a growing, market leading business. My clients pride themselves on developing individuals to achieve their full potential and offer exceptional personal development and career progression opportunities. We also support, sponsor and pay for training and membership to relevant professional organisations (first full chartered body).
As part of the team you can expect to carry out the following:-
- Manage own workload and tasks
- Take responsibility for projects from Desk Studies through the site remediation and validation
- Undertake a wide range of service/tasks from our diverse Client base including:-
- Pase1 Desk Studies
- Phase 2 site investigations
- Remediation specifications
- Earthworks specifications
- Material management plans
- Piling risk assessments
- Groundwater risk assessments
- Supervision of earthworks/remediation
- Investigation and stabilization of slopes
- Gas membrane Inspections
You will have a relevant Degree and be (or be able to demonstrate you are working towards) chartered membership of an appropriate professional institution and have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the above services with preferably experience in the number of disciplines above.
You will have 2-5 years’ experience. You will have good communication skills and will be IT literate (proficient in the use of a range of MS Office software programs).
A proactive, self-motivated, team player, flexible and willing to get involved with the development of the role. A full driving license is required. You will typically work within a defines geographical area but may be required to work elsewhere in the UK as required.
The roles are based in Sheffield, but you may be required to undertake frequent site visits.
Negotiated but to include:-
- Pension scheme with life assurance
- 25 days holiday
- Opportunity for cycle to work scheme
- High street discounts scheme