Engineering Geologist (Permanent)
Due to continued growth, an opportunity has arisen for an Engineering Geologist to join my client’s successful firm of Chartered Consulting Engineers providing services across all sectors. This role predominantly covers the north of England, centred on Leeds, but will occasionally involve travel to other client sites across the UK.
The successful candidate will join a small team of Engineering Geologists producing mainly Geo-environmental Desk Studies and Site Investigation Reports, as well as other technical reports relating to contamination and geotechnical aspects.
The role will involve:
- On-site supervision of fieldwork activity
- Logging of soil and rock
- Scheduling laboratory testing and interpreting the results
- Preparing comprehensive Geo-environmental Reports
- Liaising with clients, local authorities, regulatory bodies, testing laboratories
- earthworks design, supervision and validation
- assisting with geotechnical design of retaining systems, quarries, slopes and earth structures
- assistance with ground water programs including testing, monitoring, mitigation and design
Suitable candidates will have:
- Degree in Geology or Engineering Geology (Essential)
- Masters in Engineering Geology or Contamination Assessment related subject (Desirable)
The successful candidate must, by the start of their employment, have permission to work in the UKand will ideally have 1 to 2 years’ experience in the above, although high calibre candidates without industry experience will also be considered.
In addition, suitable candidates will possess:
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good project management skills
- Commitment to continued professional development
- Full driving license
- A professional can-do attitude and the ability to work alone with minimal supervision
In return they offer a competitive salary package, free on-site parking, pension contribution scheme, health scheme, other company benefits, and opportunities to engage with a professional, ambitious team.
The salary for this job ranges from £22,000 – £26,000 per annum depending on experience + benefits.