Position: Engineering Geologist (Permanent Position)
Between £23K and £27.5K depending on the individual candidate’s experience.
Due to continued growth, an opportunity has arisen for an Engineering Geologist to join our successful firm of Chartered Consulting Engineers providing services across all sectors. This role predominantly covers the north of England, centered on Leeds, but will occasionally involve travel to other client sites across the UK.
The successful candidate will join a small team of Engineering Geologists producing mainly Geo-environmental Desk Studies and Site Investigation Reports, as well as other technical reports relating to contamination and geotechnical aspects. The role will involve on-site supervision of fieldwork activity, logging of soil and rock, scheduling laboratory testing, preparing comprehensive Geo-environmental Reports, liaising with clients, local authorities, regulatory bodies, testing laboratories and other functions within the firm.
Suitable candidates will have:
· Degree in Geology or Engineering Geology (Essential)
· Masters in Engineering Geology or Contamination Assessment related subject (Desirable)
The successful candidate must, by the start of their employment, have permission to work in the UK and will ideally have 1 to 2 years’ experience in the following, although high calibre candidates without industry experience will also be considered:
· Ground Investigation Techniques
· Supervision of fieldwork activity, including organising and directing field operations (equipment and personnel)
· Sampling and logging of soil and rock to professional/technical standards
· Scheduling of laboratory testing (geotechnical and contamination)
· Preparation of interpretative reports on both geotechnical and contamination aspects
· Preparation of Remediation strategies and Validation of Remediation
· Consultations with Regulators
In addition, suitable candidates will possess:
· Excellent time management skills
· Knowledge and understanding of current UK/EU technical standards
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
· Good project management skills
· Commitment to continued professional development
· Full driving license
·A professional can-do attitude and the ability to work alone with minimal supervision
In return we offer a competitive remuneration package which includes the following rewards and benefits:-
· 26 days paid annual leave, comprising your birthday, 22 flexible days, and 3 days fixed over the Christmas period. In addition, 8 bank holidays are provided, and the ability to buy and sell up to 5 days additional leave.
· Flexible working (from our Leeds or Manchester offices) with upto 2 days per week working from home, subject to agreement of Team leader.
· Early Friday finish -15:45hrs.
· Free on-site parking (Leeds only).
· Contributory Pension Scheme.
· Chartered Professional fees paid.
· Enrolment under the “Simply Health” benefit scheme after 6 months service.
· Childcare vouchers under the Busy Bees Scheme.
· Annual Bonus Scheme.