My client was established in 1972 and are national Site Investigation Specialists, Geotechnical and Environmental Consultants with offices in the North West (HQ), North East, Midlands and South East.
My clients are experiencing substantial growth and the North West office are looking for an experienced, knowledgeable and charismatic Contracts Manager to run, manage and develop, all contracting works in the North West.
The prestigious position as a Contracts Manager of an established company with an excellent reputation within the industry comes with an attractive salary of £35,000 – £45,000. With good performance and exemplary progress, the role will quickly lead to becoming Associate Director with a profit-sharing bonus scheme with no limits on your earnings. The role will suit an ambitious, confident, commercially aware person with the drive and knowledge to take the company forward from its current healthy position. The position will be based at their Head Office in Preston, Lancashire, where you will manage a team of Engineers during site works, from the office.
- A degree in Civil Engineering, Engineering Geology, Geology or related subjects.
- Have Chartered status or be close to Chartered status.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience within the Ground Investigation industry.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the senior overall management of ground investigation contracts including: liaison with clients, design of investigations, tendering (including frameworks), organisation of sub-contractors, drilling crews, plant, machinery, equipment etc., ICC and NEC Contracts and final bill measurement.
- Extensive knowledge and experience on all aspects of Geotechnical and Geo-Environmental report writing.
- Fully conversant with BS5930/Eurocode 7 and be fully competent at supervising drilling crews on site, trial pitting, logging soils, rock and chalk strata, installation and monitoring of gas/groundwater standpipes and other instrumentation, in-situ testing (CBRs, plate bearing tests, BRE Digest 365 soakaway tests, etc.), contaminated land, removal of soil waste, etc.
- Full UK drivers licence
The position involves the day-to-day organisation, co-ordination, supervision and undertaking of the company’s workload. This includes all aspects: liaison with and advising clients, design of investigations, tendering, contract documentation, organisation/supervision of sub-contractors and technical staff, management of site works, production of laboratory testing schedules, final bill measurement, etc.