After humble beginnings in 1984 from a single office in Derby offering civil and structural engineering consultancy services our clients company grew during the 1990s, opening offices in Birmingham and London, to offer national coverage from three conveniently located offices.
Growth continued into the new Millennium with the formation of the Environmental aspect of the business, adding specialist geo-technical and geo-environmental services to the already wide-ranging civil and structural services provided. In 2012 traffic and transportation planning services were added to the portfolio of services on offer.
Our clients company continues to go from strength to strength and remains independently owned employing over 75 staff at offices in Derby, Birmingham and Bristol.
They are now seeking a a Civil Engineer with 2-5 years experience to join the Civil Engineering department.
Main Duties include:
- Project Management
- Undertaking of detailed design work
- Writing of engineering reports
- Undertake site feasibility work
- Comply with H&S standards
The ideal Candidate:
- Engineer level – ideally with 2-5 years on the job experience
- Client and local authority liaison experience is very important
- A willingness to train junior staff members is essential
- Varied project experience is desirable but with ideally a focus on commercial (retail, leisure, mixed-use, etc.) and industrial
- Familiarity of common highway and drainage sectional agreements (S38, S278,S104, S185) is essential
- Must be an experienced user of WinDes and (ideally) Civils 3D, although users of other packages should still apply
- Excellent numeracy/general mathematics understanding are essential
- Capability of complex S278 design is desirable
- Ability to produce drainage strategies and zone 1 FRAs is desirable
- Must be proficient in use of AutoCAD
- Good organisation, communication and presentation skills are essential – a good understanding of general processes and quality assurance standards is desirable
- All candidates must be be eligible to live and work in the UK.
In return, our clients offer a competitive salary of up to £35,000 depending on experience with a flexible holiday allowance. They work on varied and challenging projects and have excellent career progression for employees.
This position is commutable from Derby, Chesterfield and Grantham