Our clients are a successful multidisciplinary consultancy providing planning and engineering design services to a wide range of clients across the UK. Working across a range of sectors including Commercial, Residential, Health, Education and Defence, they pride themselves on delivering high quality engineering solutions utilising the latest design technologies to ensure that they consistently meet their client’s expectations. With a successful track record spanning over 50 years, the business has a clear vision to continue to develop and grow through the recruitment and retention of high calibre, dynamic and motivated employees who are passionate about their career development, thrive on responsibility and committed to delivering solutions fit for today’s modern construction environment.
They are recruiting for two new talented engineers to join our Structural Engineering teams, one position based in Cardiff and the other in Plymouth. The candidates will ideally have a minimum of 3 years’ experience. These roles represent an excellent opportunity for individuals with talent and drive to be part of our existing team, and develop in a creative, supportive and enjoyable work environment.
• An ability to represent the business to the highest professional standards.
• A track record of producing high quality drawings, sketches, reports, and documents.
• Demonstrate the meeting of client expectations and agreeing project deliverables and timescales.
• Up to date knowledge of the relevant British Standards and Eurocodes for Structural Design, in Steel, Reinforced Concrete, Timber and Masonry.
• Experience of relevant software e.g. Tekla Structural Designer, SCIA Engineer, Cads A3D max.
• Skills to commercially lead projects, employ appropriate control measures ensuring that fees are managed accurately, protecting the business against overspend
• Self-motivation and an ability to work well as part of a team, offering support to the senior team members as well as the ability to work independently as required.
• Effective communication skills to prepare reports and liaise with project team members.
• Ideally you will be progressing towards a professional qualification and are looking for a company to support you.
• The role is suitable for individuals who wish to develop to take on additional responsibility as their career progresses.
What’s on offer for you
• Competitive salary;
• 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays;
• Flexible working hours;
• Holiday PurchaseScheme;
• Employer provided life assurance and income protection schemes;
• Access to Company Pension with a generous employer contribution;
• Support towards Chartership and training available;
• A friendly, modern office environment.
Salary – £27,000-£35,000