My clients are now looking for a Bid Writer to submit customer centric PQQs, tenders and related documents that achieve high quality scores for bids within the Built Environment and Building Services Engineering sectors.
This is a key role where you will enable bid teams to respond to customers’ needs by clearly answering questions and communicating benefits which enables the company to secure work and achieve its business needs whilst ensuring a successful outcome for our client(s).
An opportunity has arisen for a reliable Bid Writer. Working as part of an exciting and busy team, the bid writer will be responsible for the successful completion of prequalification’s and framework tender submissions whilst overseeing the overall bid process for projects up to £25 million. The role will encompass the following responsibilities:
What you will be doing day to day
- Interacting with the Senior Management and carrying out their requests to develop framework / non-framework bids.
- Monitor incoming tender opportunities and Portal notices and ensure all notification alerts are setup correctly.
- Research, assess and track future potential opportunities.
- Write and complete all expressions of interests, pre qualifications questionnaires and requests for information.
- Manage and drive excellence across a team of direct reports and/or freelancers, providing coaching, advice and feedback.
- Facilitate win themes, storyboarding, answer planning and writing workshops. Deliver question analysis and response plans, considering quality scoring criteria, client requirements and preferences of the target audience. Conduct research, interview contributors, and gather information from a wide range of sources
- Work with subject matter experts, other bid writers and graphic designers to develop drafts into customer-focussed responses that are clear, well-structured, and highly polished, while ensuring consistency with brand and alignment with customer terminology.
- Contribute to review meetings and consider review comments from review team to enhance PQQs and quality bid content. Contribute to post-tender reviews and lessons learnt meetings, as well as sharing debrief information to avoid any mistakes are repeated.
- Enter and update all opportunities identified onto our database.
- Liaise closely with other group departments and manage inputs from business functions.
- Analyse tender requirements and allocate responsibilities.
- Compile and produce high quality framework initial tender submissions in line with requirements.
- Attend tender launch, review, and adjudication meetings.
- Edit and proofreading tender responses and reviewing submissions.
- Assist with the development of bespoke submissions with our graphic designer.
- Produce tender and interview presentations and supporting documentation.
- Maintain and update all CV’s and library of evidence for future submissions.
- Complete annual accreditation renewals.
- Maintain an up to date register of all tendering portals.
- Attend events to understand the procurement process of upcoming contracts.
- Create graphics and video content.
- Turning technical content into compelling text.
- Undertaking market research and market studies of potential new clients.
- Excellent level of competence in the use of Adobe Suite and MS Excel
The experience they are looking for in a candidate
The successful candidate will be a team player, adaptable to deal with changing requirements and be able to demonstrate excellent writing and editing skills, including a creative flair in written work, the ability to communicate strong messages in written form, experience of working under pressure and to tight deadlines, excellent attention to details, accuracy and organisational skills and the ability to work on multiple tasks and prioritise workload.
Previous experience in a similar bid writing of coordination role is essential, together with excellent competency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Experience of working in the MEP or construction industry would be desirable, together with experience of coordinating teams and managing large volumes of documentation, excellent competence in the use of Adobe Suite. MS Excel and degree level education.
You should have a strong administrative experience and experience working on and collating fee bids for new work.
As part of this role you will also be required to cover office manager duties. This will be approximately one day per week and during periods of holidays and absence.
The personal attributes we are looking for in a candidate
- Significant bidding experience within construction.
- Experience in a writing capacity, delivering high-quality narrative to tight deadlines.
- Proven ability to structure information, articulate bid strategies, identify win themes etc.
- Knowledge and experience within Building Services highly desirable.
- Desire to understand and promote the Company purpose, vision, values, and culture.
- Trustworthy and ethical approach, exercising discretion where required.
- Well organised, structured, and professional, with a passion for excellence and a keen eye for detail.
- Ability to prioritise a varied workload and demonstrate good time management to comply with deadlines.
- Commitment to the provision of excellent customer service
- Experience in a fast paced, national, and multi-site business.
- Excellent communication skills (email/phone/face to face).
- Degree-level education (desirable)
What we can offer you
- Industry Competitive Salary of £25,000-£35,000
- 21 days holiday, plus statutory bank holidays. Increases after one year served by one extra day per year to a maximum of 25. Plus day off for your birthday and 3 days Christmas shutdown
- Free Parking
- Company pension contribution
- Annual Salary / CPD Reviews