Reporting to a GI Project Manager, the successful applicant will be joining an experienced and enthusiastic GI Operations team at our Carcroft office and will be responsible for delivering ground investigation and geotechnical services to our wide-ranging client base across the UK.
My clients work in a wide range of sectors including major infrastructure for highways and rail, nuclear, new build, onshore and offshore energy and environmental.
- Confident and knowledgeable of ground investigation techniques
- Help prepare Health & Safety documentation prior to and during the site works phase, as well as assisting with the managing the Health & Safety of operatives and promoting a safe working environment.
- Assisting with the planning, supervision and programming of Ground Investigation projects at locations throughout the United Kingdom.
- Logging of Soil and Rock in accordance with the specification and BS5930:2015.
- Keeping accurate field records of tasks performed.
- Performing in-situ testing and sampling in accordance with the specification and current technical standards.
- Liaise with Clients / Engineers / Main Contractors throughout the site works phase.
- Post site work visits to undertake monitoring.
- Managing and collating site data using company software systems.
- Be able to compile factual reports.
- Carry out work in accordance with company Health and Safety rules.
- Have a minimum level of fitness required to undertake all site based tasks listed above on a variety of sites including active construction sites and linear projects for roads and railways.
- 1 – 2 years relevant site and industry experience.
- Excellent awareness of GI specifications, procedures, techniques, standards and codes of practice
- Knowledge of HoleBASE SI and AGS 4 data
- Experience working in dynamic office environment (Desirable)
- Awareness and ability to implement Health, Safety and Environmental legislation (Desirable)
- Qualified to degree level in a geotechnical discipline
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels (Desirable)
- Good attention to detail (Desirable)
- Mobility, flexibility and commitment (Desirable)